In Stock Now……..
Medium Minnows.. 2″ – 3″ (fatheads/common shiners) ………$7.25 per doz.
Large Minnows.. 3.5″ – 4″ (common shiners) ………$9.75 per doz.
Extra Large Minnows… 5″ + (chub)……….$12.65 per doz.
Worms…….$3.50 per doz.
Frozen Minnows ……….medium……..$4.08 per doz.
…….all of the above prices include tax.
……if you want specific species/sizes in your order, a $0.50 per dozen sorting fee will apply.
……all bait is sold on a “first come, first served” basis.
Our website was hacked, so we’re having to re-build it from bits and pieces to ensure that we’re not putting the hacks back in. Please be patient.
Fall Hours are now in effect
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday – 8am to 6pm
- Friday – 8am to 8pm
- Saturday – 8am to 6pm
- Sunday and holidays – 8am to NOON.
- Monday – CLOSED
Statutory Holiday Hours……..
October 13th, Thanksgiving Day…….8am to NOON
If you need bait outside of these hours, please call during business hours to make arrangements.
For all you lake trout/salmon fishermen, we have the frozen ciscoes you’re looking for!
These are actually Pacific frozen salt-water herring.
7″ – 8″ (8 pack) ……..$14.68 per pk.
…..the above prices include tax.
We also carry some specialty terminal tackle used for these, namely:
- Rhys Davis Anchovy Special rig;
- Rhys Davis Super Herring Special;
- baiting needles.
We now have a selection of this innovative product available……….come and check it out!
The nickel/titanium leader wire is amazing……..you can actually tie it!
…..and the fluorocarbon swivels are virtually invisible under water!
This is the third year of issuing the new yellow plastic MNR fishing and hunting licences. They replace the stickers that used to be applied to the back of the Outdoors Card. Here are a few things that you need to know about them:
- the yellow licence must be kept with your Outdoors Card, otherwise it is not valid;
- do not leave the yellow licence in direct sunlight or high heat (like in your tackle box on the dock!). The licence will turn black and will be illegible and invalid. We can replace these, but it will cost you about $11 for us to issue you a duplicate licence;
- the MNR will no longer send you a reminder that your Outdoors Card expires. If you have a 3-year licence, ensure you check its expiry date and have it renewed before fishing/hunting in the new year;
- we suggest people get the 3-year fishing licence (+ 3-year small game and whatever other licence they can get at the time) when they renew their Outdoors Card for these reasons:
- avoid having to carry a yellow licence with the Outdoors Card every year as the licence is printed directly on the Outdoors Card when you receive it;
- avoid the yearly price increase for 3 years;
- don’t have to remember to renew the licence every year;
- but then, if you’re an active hunter, you won’t be able to avoid having to carry those yellow licences, as various hunting licences only become available at certain times and can’t be sold ahead of time.
- if you have a 3-year conservation fishing licence, you can now upgrade it to a 3-year sport fishing licence. This is sometimes necessary if you want to fish in a derby.
Welcome to the new revamped Bits and Baits website. With the help of WordPress, we hope this new website will be easier and faster to maintain. With this new technology, we’ve been able to add a Google map (see the About Us page) so it’s easier for you to find us, a brand new Contact Us page so that it’s easier for you to send us a message, a brand new photo gallery and the website can be viewed on any device.
This page will be kept updated with the latest hours (they change with the seasons), any new products, special sales or just cool articles or pictures.
We hope you like it!
While you’re here, don’t forget to visit our online store.
You can also check our Facebook page. There’s a link to it on this page.